Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome: Restoring your quality of life.
What is testosterone deficiency syndrome?
Testosterone deficiency syndrome (TDS) is a condition caused by a drop in testosterone production in men.
Testosterone is produced in the testes and helps to maintain:
- Bone density
- Fat distribution
- Muscle mass
- Muscle strength
- Red blood cell production
- Sex drive
- Sperm production
Your body's testosterone level peaks during adolescence and early adulthood. When you reach about 40, your body produces less testosterone. For many men, testosterone levels decline slowly and are not associated with any symptoms.
For others the decline in Testosterone levels is more rapid and can have some unwanted effects, including:
- Decreased libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of bone density/osteoporosis
- Loss of muscle mass
- Reduced muscle strength
- Decreased exercise endurance
- Prolonged recovery time after exercise
- Increase in fat mass
- Memory loss
- Mood changes and depression
If you suspect that you might be suffering from TDS, talk to a doctor who knows exactly what you’re going through with a consultation at Dublin Medical Centre. Click here (link) for an appointment or call us on (01) 662 9777 and we’ll help you to get your old life back again.
Causes of testosterone deficiency syndrome
TDS can occur naturally or could be caused by other changes in your body as you get older.
The important thing is that we identify it and start to replace the testosterone missing from your system. That all starts with a call to Dublin Medical Centre on (01) 662 9777. Or click here for an appointment.
Diagnosing testosterone deficiency syndrome at the clinic
If you have some or all of the symptoms we have listed above and you think you might have TDS, then make an appointment at Dublin Medical Centre by clicking here or call us on (01) 662 9777.
These are the sort of questions you can expect your Dublin Medical Centre doctor to ask:
- Have you felt a decline in your feeling of general well-being?
- Have you felt a decrease in muscular strength?
- Have you felt a joint pain and muscular ache (lower back pain, joint pain, pain in a limb, general back ache)?
- Have you felt depressed, down, sad, on the verge of tears with a lack of drive or mood swings?
- Have you experienced excessive sweating recently?
- Have you had problems sleeping or do you feel particularly tired?
- Have you noticed a decrease in beard growth?
- Have you felt irritable, aggressive, easily upset by little things or moody?
- Have you noticed a decrease in your ability and/or frequency to perform sexually?
- Have you felt nervous, anxious or panicky (inner tension, restlessness, feeling fidgety)?
- Have you noticed a decrease in the number of morning erections?
- Have you noticed a decrease in sexual desire/libido (lacking pleasure in sex, lacking desire for sexual intercourse)
- Have you noticed an increase in physical exhaustion?
Call us on (01) 662 9777, and we will arrange for an immediate blood test to measure the levels of testosterone in your system.
Treating testosterone deficiency syndrome
If your testosterone levels are low, we’ll start you on a course of supplemental testosterone. This is usually a synthetic version and available through injections, patches or gels.
It’s as simple as that. so get moving now and click here for an appointment or call us on (01) 662 9777 and we can get to work on your treatment immediately.
Life after treatment
It can be difficult to talk to your GP about TDS. But you don’t have to when you can talk to a Dublin Medical Centre doctor instead. We have successfully treated thousands of men in exactly the same position as you find yourself in. We will specify a treatment for you, without any embarrassment, judgement or complications.
We’ll quickly and easily adjust your testosterone levels back to where they should be so that you can enjoy a full life again.
Click here for an appointment or call us on (01) 662 9777 and we’ll help to get your life back on track from today.